Let's say "HELLO" to Spring by getting outside, getting moving, and supporting Habitat for Humanity!
Register the whole family to participate in the Hello Spring! Virtual 5K Family Fun Run/Walk taking place from Sunday March 14, 2021 through Saturday, March 20, 2021. This event is designed to be accessible to all, so challenge yourself to racing for your best 5K, take your time, or make it a cumulative event adding your walking or running distances over multiple sessions to total 5K.
All registered participants will receive a Hello Spring! Virtual 5K Family Fun Run/Walk T-shirt and a race bib. Medals will be awarded to all completers who raise an additional $25 beyond the registration fee through sponsorships.
After a year of being "safer at home" due to COVID-19, many of us have developed a new appreciation of the value of home, and a new awareness that not everyone has a safe home to enjoy. Since the pandemic prevents us from gathering in large groups for traditional fundraising events, we invite you to Help Habitat for Humanity of Worcester County in our mission to build homes, communities, and hope by participating in the Hello Spring! Virtual 5K Family Fun/Run Walk.
Where is the event?
You can participate ANYWHERE! For fun, we have linked trails and courses throughout Worcester county to explore, but you are welcome to use your own neighborhood as well.
Is it a race?
Competitive runners in all age categories will be recognized on social media and our website. Runners can submit their times via screenshot from any fitness app to email@example.com.
How do I participate?
1. Register participants of all ages through the registration tab. Select whether you would like to have your race materials shipped to you (following the race) or if you would like to pick up your materials in person at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 9026 Worcester Hwy, Berlin, MD during store hours. While race bibs will be available for pickup at the ReStore beginning Wednesday, March 3, T-shirts and medals will not be available for pickup until Wednesday, March 24.
2. If you want to increase your impact, share a link to the sponsorship tab on social media or via text to friends, family, and colleagues. Encourage friends to join you in registering for this Virtual 5K for a great cause!
3. Consider making it fun by planning themed attire for your race outfit! The Hello Spring! Virtual 5K takes place over St. Patrick's Day, so it's a great opportunity to wear your green or welcome spring with bright colors or flowers! Get creative and decorate your race bib too!
4. Complete a 5K walk or run anywhere, anytime from March 14 - March 20! Remember to socially distance and wear a mask on any public property where it is required and when you cannot maintain 6 feet distance from people who do not live in your household.
5. Snap and post a pic of yourself and any 5K buddies participating with you and tag us on Instagram or Facebook! Use the hashtags #hellospringvirtual5K and #habitatworcester to virtually connect with your fellow 5K participants. You can also email the pic to if you'd prefer!
6. Medals will be awarded to every 5K completer who raises at least $25 in sponsorships beyond their registration fee. Medals can be picked up along with T-shirts beginning Wednesday, March 24 at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore during regular store hours, or will be shipped along with the T-shirt to registrants who selected the shipping option.
7. Feel great! You got outside and got moving while raising money for a great cause. Hello Spring!